This is the M6A1 by Tamiya in
1/48 scale. This is without a doubt one
of the best fitting kits I have ever built. First up are some photos of
the interior to show the level of detail.
This kit was
built as part of a museum group build on Swanny's Forum and as a result
I did my best to complete the kit as the one in the Smithsonian. The
next series shows the results.
taking these photos I decided it looked just a bit too sterile to suit
me so it went back to the shop. Unit markings were added and the
airframe was given some light paint chipping and exhaust stains then a
light wash was added to the upper surfaces and a dark wash to the
bottom surfaces. Once this had set a coat of flat acrylic was applied
to seal the decals and flatten any sheen left on the decals. The
following photos show the end result.